Ar Rihla invites you to a seminar dealing with the science of interpretation of Qur’aan. This often misunderstood and greatly unappreciated science is built upon an intricate superstructure of Islamic knowledge.
Mastery of many sciences and branches of knowledge are required before one may interpret the verses and commands of the Noble Qur’aan. A golden chain of knowledge exists which links us to the Noble Prophet Muhammad SalAllahu alaihi wa Sallam and it is imperative that every single Muslim become acquainted with the functions of true knowledge in Islam.
The dawning of the “modern” age has seen a growing number of individuals calling for a re-interpretation of Qur’aan. There are many who claim that the Qur’aanic interpretations existing currently are either out of date, out of context or either just totally irrelevant and incompatible with “modern” society.
Due to the Qur’aan being the actual spoken Word of Allah Ta’ala it is of utmost importance to realise the gravity of the concept of interpretation. Many are those who, due to interpreting the Qur’aan according to their own belief-systems and/or opinions, found themselves without Imaan.
The seminar shall Insha Allah deal with the following aspects:
* Interpretation of Qur’aan in the time of Nabi Muhammad SallAlahu alaihi wa Sallam
* The Qur’aan as a source of Sharia (Islamic Law)
* Methods of Interpretation
* Qualifications of an Interpreter of Qur’aan
* True & Authentic Interpretation of Qur’aan
* Sciences involved in Qur’aanic Interpretation
* The implications of interpreting Qur’aan without proper mastery of the Qur’aan sciences
* The honour of Qur’aan and the role you can play in upholding the true message of Qur’aan
* How to further your knowledge of Qur’aan and build a lasting relationship with the Word of Allah Ta’ala
This seminar is totally FREE OF CHARGE and is open to all.
Date: 1 November 2010 Insha Allah
Time: 7:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. South African Time (GMT +2:00 )
Link: https://my.dimdim.com/rihlaonline (Note:The link will only be useful from 6:50 p.m.)
Presenter: Ml. Junaid Kajee
**Please note that this event can only accommodate a limited number of participants for technical reasons.Logins will be accepted on a first-come-first-served basis.